Vinculos patrocinados

Soldiers are "real heroes", I am not: Harbhajan

Jalandhar: He might have achieved hero-status after helping India win the World Cup, but ace off-spinner Harbhajan Singh described the soldiers as the "real heroes" of the country on Tuesday.



At a function organised by Border Security Force here to felicitate him for helping India win the World Cup, Harbhajan, paid tribute to the soldiers, saying that they are the "real national heroes".
"The real national heroes of the country are you soldiers and all others, including me, are not real heroes. For me, this moment will be cherished as all the real heroes are getting together to felicitate me who is not a real hero," Harbhajan said, accepting the felicitation.
"I am a great admirer of you (soldiers). You have been spending all day and night to protect us. Because of you, we are safe and secure. We cannot forget your contribution in winning the World Cup," he said.
"I salute you all and congratulate you in India's World Cup win. I thank you for honouring me," Harbhajan said after being handed a memento.
Talking about the India-Pakistan World Cup semi-final clash, Harbhajan said, "You must have watched the India-Pakistan match and enjoyed it. Because of your love and affection, we won the World Cup."



BSF Inspector General Himmat

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Powered by CricFire7